Salient features of the book:
- Eleven chapters divided according to the systems to be examined.
- Appendix summarising the biochemical parameters and their reference values.
- Information about relevant history to be documented, examination pertaining to the particular system and the clinical signs to look-out for.
- Handy tips to make the babies and children feel comfortable during the examination.
- Simple language so that the students whose primary language is not English may also benefit from it.
- Bulleted text for a clear and crisp presentation.
- Highlighted coloured boxes to emphasise important nuggets of information and to reinforce positive clinical practices and discourage the undesirable ones.
- A total of 71 illustrations and 103 four-colour images to clearly demonstrate the examination techniques and the anomalies to look-out for.
- Twenty-one tables to capture various signs and symptoms in a nutshell.
- Anecdotes/acronyms/mnemonics included, where appropriate, to assist the students in memorising relevant facts.
- Convenient dimensions so that this book may be carried in the pockets of the students’ white coats, to be referred to repeatedly.
- A separate section devoted to detailed history taking for adolescents, as an entirely different approach is needed for them.